Thursday, February 6, 2014

Enjoy the Moment

I wish Mummy would hurry up and have the baby.

I wish it was teatime already... that chicken cooking smells soooo good!

I wish the lawnmower outside would quit making that horrible noise.

I wish it was time for camp again.

I wish I had lots of chocolate.

I wish I was 16. 15 is such a boring age.


I want you to do a little exercise for me. Think back to a time when you wished something would hurry up and happen. Maybe you wished it was time to go away on holiday, for example. Whatever it was, did it happen?

Did wishing it would happen make it happen any faster?

The correct answer is, of course, No.

Now don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to when Mummy has our precious new baby, and I am looking forward to a time when I have lots of chocolate. :) But there is a perceivable difference between looking forward to something and wishing away our days.

Here's an example for you. Right now I wish I was older and married and had children of my own. But guess what - Mum is older and married and has children of her own... and she says it happened really quickly!!

Before you know it, the time you were wishing for will have come... and gone.

So here's my point. Enjoy the moment. 





Don't spend your life wishing you were the next year older,  it was the next month later etc! There will come a time when you will look back and wonder why you wished away the best years of your life.

Not meaning, of course, that the best years of your life are not yet to come. But isn't it nice to be the age you are? Isn't it nice to have some time to stop and smell the roses? Isn't it nice being who you are, where you are?


Ecclesiastes 11:9 says:

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes.



Enjoy every moment!

Blessings
~Bonnie


3 comments:

  1. That is so true! Thank you for sharing that - I think that is a constant struggle in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a constant struggle in mine - I think I wrote that for myself just as much as for everyone else, lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Bonnie, for sharing that thought! I know I constantly struggle with wishing to be married and have children, I love what you said about wishing not making things come faster, but it does waste time and we always need to keep that in mind. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)