Sunday, March 30, 2014

Being a Candle

I know this might be slightly out of place since spring is coming upon the world in the Northern Hemisphere…but here in the Southern half the daylight is swiftly getting shorter. I was blessed again to read this post that I wrote on my blog back in February 2012, and I hope you’ll be blessed, too!

I love candles. It’s not just because of the waxy smell they put in the air, or the sweet smoky smell…I just love them! The other night I was walking down the hall, and saw this out of the corner of my eye; isn’t it beautiful? Candle light is such a beautiful thing. It reminds me of how we need to be as Christians: a shining light to everyone around us. No matter who we are, we can all be a shining candle burning brightly for Jesus.

“That ye may be blameless and harmless,” says Apostle Paul, “he sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the [dark] world.” (Philippians 2:15)

We shine as lights in this dark world of ours. Just like the candle burns brightly on its wick, so we must burn brightly with the Word of God as our fuel source. Just as the candle is shrouded in darkness, so are we covered in the darkness of the sin of this world. Candles have a lot to teach us!

God’s love—that He would send Jesus, His only beloved Son, into the dark, sinful world to be a light and to teach us how to be more like Him. Praise the LORD!

Keep burning!
~Esther

2 comments:

  1. A reminder that I needed. Is my light shining bright? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for that reminder! It is so important to be a light for Jesus! I want that to be my greatest desire!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your input is always appreciated! (Please remember that we reserve the right to remove your comment if we deem it unacceptable.)

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”Colossians 3:17 (NIV)